Wednesday, February 10, 2010

In regards to the best show on Earth...

And I don't mean the circus, kids.
It's time for a little LOST talk.

I was really pleased that last night's episode was a little bit slower paced. It gave my poor head a chance to recover from last week! But, we still got a ton of info last night. I think.  
I was very impressed with Josh Holloway's (Sawyer) acting last night, but I'm a little bit worried for him. I don't know how I feel about him living in Dharmaville by himself, and I'm not sure how the story will progress if he stays there. So I'm guessing that he doesn't. And I totally didn't cry when he threw Juliet's engagement ring into the ocean. I just had some smoke monster barrier dust in my eyes.

I'm pretty confused about what is going on with Sayid. I guess I was totally wrong about Jacob taking over his body. Maybe Jacob is trying to but the Locke-ness monster beat him to it and "claimed" Sayid's body.

Kudos to Jack for owning up to the fact that others have died or been hurt trying to help him. Glad to see him wearing some big boy pants for once.

I'm really intrigued by the deja-vu-ish looks some of the characters have been showing on their faces. It will be interesting to see how these "sideways" flashes meet up with what's happening on the island.

And Claire!! Ethan was her doctor!! Big WTH moment. I can't believe she trusted Kate as much as she did seeing as how Kate jacked her cab and put a gun to the cabbies head. Odd. I think we'll be seeing that credit card again later too. And why was Claire running around the jungle with really bad hair? The new Rousseau (who apparently has been dead for a while)?

The episode was called "What Kate Does", but I didn't think it was wholly Kate-centric. Though I was disappointed we didn't see any of the "What lies in the shadow of the statue people" or Ben, "Locke" or Richard. Especially after the whole "Good to see you out of those chains, Richard" moment. And I'm getting very excited about a Jin/Sun reunion. I wonder whether they'll have a happy ending though. In their flash sideways, Jin still seems uptight and Sun still seems unhappy. Very excited for next week. I love you Tuesday.

In other news, there is no other news.
I'm in a book funk. The other night I started The Next Queen of Heaven. It's by the guy who wrote Wicked. So far, so good. 

I hate to end on a sad note, but I'm pretty bummed about the passing of Phil Harris. If you don't know, he was captain of the Cornelia Marie which was documented on the Discovery Channel. He died last night after suffering a stroke last month.

Alright blog, I will see you on Friday (maybe) for a little Vampire Diaries action. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment