Monday, November 29, 2010

I was going through a change...or a change was going through me.

So, it's been a while. Things have been crazy. 
Nate and I are in the midst of a new adventure...parenthood. It's exciting and mind boggling and overwhelming. All at the same time. I'm about 17 weeks along and we go in to get our first real peek at our little guy/girl next Tuesday. And we'll finally find out if it's a little boy or a girl so I can stop calling it "it". 
It has been pretty interesting to watch my body change. My hip bones have pretty much disappeared and I definitely have a little bump going on. I'm over the first trimester blahness, which pretty much means I'm back to eating pretty much like I was before and I can make it through the day without a nap. Aside from backaches and headaches, I feel great. And I've never been more comfortable in my own skin (especially now that my skin is behaving--I hate you hormones). I'm sure as I get bigger I'll start to feel less attractive, but I feel pretty freaking fantastic right now. 

Anyway, big changes are coming our way, but we are really looking forward to it all. It has been and will continue to be a crazy ride. But there's no one I'd rather go through all of this with. I don't know when we grew up and decided we'd be suitable parents, but here we are. Nate will be an awesome dad...I can't wait for all of the things the three of us will do together. 

I'll try to get better about posting here, at least for my own sanity. I'll try to keep it from being all baby all the time though. With all the lazing around I'm doing, I should still have lots to say about what I'm reading and watching. Speaking of watching, I saw the latest Harry Potter installment and LOVED it. Also looking forward to The Voyage of the Dawn Treader in December...gotta love some Chronicles of Narnia. 

Ok, the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment